Use your energy wisely. You are a human being with immense power to create the reality you want and deserve. We live in a world full of distractions and doubt, which can get the better of you and make it hard to stay positive if you do not claim the energy and power that is always accessible to you. But what does it take to radiate positive vibes? How do we overcome all the bad vibes life throws at us?
We have included a list of positive vibes quotes and affirmations below to help you cultivate good and positive energy. Let these quotes empower you to cultivate positivity today and reap the rewards in all aspects of your life.
The power of positive thinking
Studies have proven that a positive mindset can offer profound benefits to your health and sense of well-being. It might sound too simple to be true, like how could simply changing one’s thinking have that many benefits? The answer is: Our thoughts feed our perceptions. Our perceptions create our beliefs. And our beliefs shape our reality.
For example, if you have an upcoming job interview, you could approach it with a negative mindset or a positive one. If you go in with a negative mindset, like having thoughts in your mind that you will perform poorly, make mistakes, and show signs of weakness, they get amplified. Setbacks and challenges will only affirm your negative belief when you enter the interview.
On the other hand, if you approach the interview with a more positive attitude and mindset, things might go very differently. Your positivity will help you be present and open, cultivating a good repertoire between you and the interviewer. Your attitude of positive expectations will help you radiate confidence, and even if something throws you off balance, you will bring yourself back to the center.
The only difference in the two interview scenarios above is your mindset, but that mindset can make all the difference. We feed our minds with our thoughts, intentions, attitudes, and vibes just as we feed our bodies with food. The above example is just one of many life situations where a positive attitude can make a world of difference. The same applies to other areas of your life, from your hobbies to your relationships with others and, most importantly, your relationship with yourself.
Be mindful of the thoughts you allow yourself, and whenever possible, replace negative thoughts with positive ones. It takes practice, and there will come times when you experience negativity. However, the more you practice cultivating positive vibes, the easier it will become, and you will notice that the external world responds to your positivity.
It has been proven that gratitude can lead to a more positive life and greater well-being. Being grateful for all the positive things in your life, and even the negative for the lessons they bring, helps us enter a mindset of happiness and abundance, rather than negativity, lack, desire, and doubt—unfortunately, a mindset prevalent in many of us today. Check out these quotes on gratitude and the importance of recognizing our blessings.
- “Life is a gift. And it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.” – Tony Robbins
- “More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “We are treasure chests with more jewels inside than we can imagine.” – Ifeanyi Enoch Onuoha
- “A man who can laugh at himself is truly blessed, for he will never lack for amusement.” – James Carlos Blake
- “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” – Germany Kent
- “Blessings don’t come as luck. They are our daily dose. The mere fact that we can blink, chew, frown, and smile means that we are blessed. Waking up in the morning is a blessing that we should always give thanks to.” – Paballo Seipei
- “Concentrate on counting your blessings and you’ll have little time to count anything else.” – Woodrow Kroll
- “Better to lose count while naming your blessings than to lose your blessings to counting your troubles.” – Maltbie D. Babcock
- “Gratitude lifts our eyes off the things we lack so we might see the blessings we possess.” – Max Lucado
- “Those blessings are sweetest that are won with prayer and worn with thanks.” – Thomas Goodwin
- “My life has been a blessing. I’m grateful for everything I do have and the places I’m going and the things I’ve seen.” – Leah LaBelle
- The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have.” – Yiddish Proverb
Positive energy quotes
Although we cannot always control what happens to us in life, we do have a choice in how we respond. You can react with negative energy (‘why do bad things always happen to me?’), or you can choose to respond with positive energy from a more grounded place. Hear the message in the following positive energy quotes.
- “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.” – Maya Angelou
- “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
- “The world needs huge positive energy to fight against the negative forces. Go to the center of your inner being and generate that positive energy for the welfare of humanity.” – Amit Ray
- “Sometimes, it is how you shine in the darkness during other people’s misery that is remembered more than anything you could have said or done when you have suffered just as much.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Surround yourself with positive souls, and positive vibes come naturally. Your environment influences your experience. Make it a positive one.” – Anonymous
- “If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.” – Lao Tzu
- “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” – Benjamin Spock
- “You attract the energy that you give off. Spread good vibes. Think positively. Enjoy life.” – Anonymous
- “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu
- “Once your mindset changes, everything on the outside will change along with it.” – Steve Maraboli
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
- “In order to carry a positive action, we must develop here a positive vision.” – Dalai Lama
- “Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Buddha
- “When I was five years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” – John Lennon
Focus on yourself quotes
It is easy to get distracted by what others are doing. Most people use social media, and many of us overuse it. We see what others are doing with their lives in curated snapshots, and it is easy to compare our lives to those snapshots of the lives of others. Whenever possible, shift your focus away from what others are doing and center it on yourself, your health, well-being, and your sense of purpose and fulfillment.
- “Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment.” – Lao Tzu
- “Talk to yourself like you would someone you love.” – Brene Brown
- “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your inner voice.” – Steve Jobs
- “Always remember, your focus determines your reality.” – George Lucas
- “Find yourself first, like yourself first, love yourself first, and friendship and love will naturally find you.” – Mandy Hale
- “Choose to put yourself first and make you a priority. It’s not selfish, it’s necessary.” – Keysha Jade
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
Keep your head up quotes
We all want to have a positive feeling all the time. However, human as we are, we are prone to fluctuating feelings, and we must embrace the negative as much as the positive to live a balanced life. The fact is that there is no light without darkness and no rainbow without a bit of rain.
- “Keep your head up. Keep your heart strong.” – Ben Howard
- “Always keep your mind strong with positive thoughts and your head up with full confidence, because you truly have greatness in you.” – Edmond Mbiaka
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A. Edison
- “Someone once asked me how I hold my head up so high after all I’ve been through. I said, it’s because no matter what, I am a survivor. Not a victim.” – Patricia Buckley
- “I’m a very positive thinker, and I think that is what helps me the most in difficult moments.” – Roger Federer
- “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John R. Wooden
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
- “Life’s like a snakes and ladders game. You can rise straight up to the top and fall right to the bottom the next second. But what differentiates you from others is your ability to climb up the ladders after sliding down the snakes.” – Evelyn H
- “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “The greatest power you possess in life is your understanding that life gives you a fresh start any moment you choose.” – Guy Finley
Positive Vibes Quotes: Conclusion
Let today be the day you make the conscious choice to be happier. Understand that you are such a beautiful soul, and you are entitled to feel and express yourself. Remember to have the power to replace negative thoughts and shift your focus to the positive. That does not mean that you will never experience negative thinking and emotions—life is not always easy, and being human comes with inherent challenges, but remember that you are equipped with immense power.
Your power lies in your attitude and how you respond to events outside your control. You can play the role of victim, but that is not a fruitful way to live your life. The wise among us understand that a victim mentality only goes so far. Sure, it is important to grieve for your pain and losses, but too much time spent in the victim mindset will drain your powerful life force energy.
Hopefully, the positive vibes quotes included in this article have helped you enter a more positive state of mind. If you like, feel free to save this article, and revisit it later to get another boost of positive inspiration.