If you are looking for some sweet things to say to your boyfriend, we have got you covered. We understand that it is not always easy to find the words to share with those you love, even if the feeling burns inside of you.
Did you know that guys love hearing cute romantic things from their girlfriends as much as girls like it? They may not always show the same appreciation or even express that they love to hear cute words of affection, but deep down, they love it. Offering sweet words with a hint of love and romance can make anyone’s day. That is why we have created a long list of cute things to say to your boyfriend in this article. Some are heartfelt, some are a little cheesy, but all of them are sure to bring a smile to your guy’s face and warm his heart.
Why is it so Important to Show Affection?
There are many ways to show affection. Some choose to show it through physical touch, sometimes through service, and others prefer to say sweet words aloud. Regardless of how you express your love and affection to your partner, it is important to express it and let your guy know that you care and love him.
Love and affection are components of any healthy and lasting romantic relationship. Affection solidifies the emotional bond between partners, keeping them close and in harmony even when things get tough.
In recent years the concept of love languages has become incredibly common. Popularized by the book The Five Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman, the concept has helped countless couples develop a greater understanding of each other’s needs and figure out how to work together so that both partners feel fulfilled, satisfied, validated, and appreciated in the relationship.
The love languages, as outlined by Chapman, are:
- Physical touch
- Words of affirmation
- Acts of service
- Quality time
- Receiving gifts
This article will look at words of affirmation, also known as verbal expressions of love. If words of affirmation are your partner’s love language, they will surely love the phrases we included below. Those with this type of love language feel loved and, most importantly, believe that love is real when their partners express their feelings aloud (or even in the written word.)
Even if words of affirmation are not your favorite love language, it is wise to learn how to express them in the way that your partner needs to hear them. Equally, your partner should make an effort to learn and master your love language so that you both feel happy, loved, and heard in the relationship.
Say These Sweet Things to Your Boyfriend
- I love you.
- I fall in love with you every single day.
- You make my heart skip a beat.
- I love your smile.
- You look so cute when you smile.
- I love looking into your eyes.
- You’re so handsome.
- You make me really happy.
- I couldn’t ask for a better boyfriend.
- You’re my favorite person.
- You make me feel safe and loved.
- We’re a wonderful story.
- I want to tell our wonderful story to our grandchildren.
- I appreciate you so much.
- You’re so important to me.
- You make me a better person.
- Hanging out with you is one of my favorite things to do.
- My heart is yours.
- I can’t imagine life without you.
- I want to be with you for the rest of my life.
- Nobody’s perfect, but you’re perfect to me.
- I’m in love with every little thing you do.
- I feel like the luckiest person in the world when I’m with you.
- I want to be with you and only you.
- My favorite love story is you and me.
- I want us to be together forever.
- I see a wonderful future with you.
- I’m so glad I met you.
- My life wouldn’t be the same without you.
- You make me feel appreciated.
- No guy compares to you.
- I think you have a really cute smile.
- You make my whole world light up.
- I can’t stop smiling when I think about you.
- You smell amazing—I can’t get enough!
- Thank you for always being your true self.
- I’m lucky to even have you as a friend.
- I love and respect you so much.
- My favorite thing in the world is to fall asleep in your arms.
- My favorite smell is the way you smell.
- I could get lost in your eyes.
- There’s nobody else for me—it’s just you.
- I feel like we were destined to be together. It’s written in the stars.
- I want to travel the world with you.
- I want to have a family with you. Children we’ll love dearly, a dog in the garden, a summertime evening with family and friends, and a bed we share with love.
- I wish we had met sooner. I can’t change the past, but I’m going to spend the rest of my life appreciating every little thing about you.
- You’re the king of my heart, and I want to be your queen.
Sweet Things to Say to Your Boyfriend When He’s Not Around
- I wish you were here with me.
- I just want to fall asleep with you.
- I can’t wait to see you.
- The days are long without you.
- Next time I see you, I’m going to hug you, and I won’t let go.
- I count the minutes until I can see you again.
- I’ll be dreaming about you.
- Be here with me.
- Sending love and positive vibes your way.
- I’m thinking about you.
Cute Things to Say to Your Boyfriend on a Date
- I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.
- I wouldn’t exchange you for a million bucks.
- You’re my best friend.
- You’re such an incredible man.
- You make me a better person.
- Being around you brings me so much joy. You’re a kind-hearted soul, and it’s contagious. You make me feel like my heart is learning and growing every day.
- I love talking to you so much. I never get tired of our conversations.
- You’re the most lovable guy I’ve ever met. I can’t imagine loving anyone as much as I love you.
- You’re the only person for me. There’s nobody else I’d rather spend a night, a holiday, and even a lifetime with.
- You’re just what I want.
- Where we go doesn’t matter, as long as we’re together. A fancy restaurant in Paris or a picnic on a park bench are both wonderful options as long as you’re there with me.
Romantic Things to Say to Your Boyfriend on Your Anniversary
- This has been the best year (two years, three years, etc.) of my life.
- My life has been better since I met you.
- I hope we have a lot more anniversaries.
- This is my favorite day of the year.
- I’m so grateful to have you in my life.
- I never thought I’d be lucky enough to meet someone as amazing as you.
- I want to spend the rest of my life loving you.
- Being with you is a dream come true.
- You’re the light of my life, the fire in my soul.
Fun Things to Ask Your New Boyfriend
- What’s your favorite nickname?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- You’re stranded on a desert island, and you can only possess five items. What would you like those items to be?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- What would you do with a million dollars?
- Who was your first ever celebrity crush?
- What’s your favorite memory?
- If we could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you like to go?
Caring Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend
Relationships are all about healthy communication. Without a clear channel of communication, complemented by honesty, authenticity, and genuine compassion, any relationship is doomed to fail. However, when those elements are in place, the couple has an outstanding chance at lasting love.
Love is a verb. It’s an active engagement with all kinds of feelings—positive ones and primitive ones, and loathsome ones.Esther Perel
Here, Perel highlights how real love involves authentic self-expression. It is not about hiding away parts of ourselves that our partner may not like or that may lead to rejection.
The problem with far too many relationships is that we enter into a kind of status quo. We resist asking certain questions because we feel like we should know the answer or that to ask a question reveals a lack of awareness about our partner that may reveal a greater distance between the previously perceived couple.
Imagine a decades-long marriage with two partners who share the same space, the same bed, the same daily routine. For one partner to turn to the other and ask, how are you?, might seem like unnecessary small talk, something to fill a void when a conversation is lacking.
How could one partner not know how the other feels when they spend so much time together? The stress on the sentence comes in the middle—are. Can you hear that? How are you? To ask with genuine and caring compassion and empathy is asking the other partner how they are, not in expectation of a basic, I’m fine, but something more like, Well, here’s what I’ve been feeling… That evokes a deeper sense of reflection—something long-term partners may avoid due to too much familiarity and that dreaded relationship status quo.
- How do you think we support each other?
- How do we complement each other?
- Can you describe me in three words?
- Let me describe you in three words.
- Is there anything you feel like we’re missing in this relationship?
- If you could take our relationship in a different direction, what would it be?
- Are you happy?
Love Poems to Read to Your Boyfriend
To My Dear and Loving Husband by Anne Bradstreet
If ever two were one, then surely we.
If ever man were loved by wife, then thee;
If ever a wife was happy with a man,
Compare with me ye women if you can.
I prize thy love more than whole mines of gold,
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee give recompense.
Thy love is such I can no way repay;
The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray.
Then while we live in love, let’s persevere,
That when we live no more, we may live forever.
How Do I Love Thee? by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day’s
Most need quiet, by sun and candlelight.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right.
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God chooses,
I shall but love thee better after death.
I carry your heart with me by E.E Cummings
I carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart)
I am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
No matter what kind of day you are having, it is always nice to hear sweet and romantic things from your better half. So, take the initiative today and be the one to express your affection. Doing so is especially important on those inevitable hard days when your boyfriend has had a tough day at work and is feeling extra emotional lately. Give him some sweet sentiments, a nice hug if you can, and remember just how much you love and care for him. Even if he does not make a big deal out of it now, it will sit well with him on the inside, and he will be sure to remember your kindness.